The main objective of Work Package 5 of the LEVITATE project is to identify how the introduction of Connected and Automated Systems (CATS) in several urban transport operations will affect different impact areas, with a focus on the transition towards higher levels of automation. This is a process that includes the following main steps:
- identification of impacts relevant to connected and automated urban transport;
- identification of urban transport related interventions, through a stakeholder reference group workshop and an extensive literature review;
- identification of impact assessment methods for the different impacts and interventions;
- short, medium and long-term impact assessment;
- synthesis of results and implications for policy.
To read about these steps and results of the traffic simulations in Athens, have a look at our paper written by Julia Roussou (NTUA), Maria Oikonomou (NTUA), Apostolos Ziakopoulos (NTUA), George Yannis (NTUA).